A Case Study explaining the preparation process for Fiberglass Restoration.
Over the years we have gained a vast experience in restoring old Motorcycle fairing and race kits.
This is a guide of how we do it:
- We lightly shot blast old fairings inside and out to remove all the old paint and revile any repairs that need carrying out.
- Some times we need to re-coat the inside with a new layer of Fiberglass before we repair the outside.
- All stress cracks are ground out and re-fiberglass before primer stages.
- Once the foundation is 100% we apply special primer and tend to apply an epoxy primer to help prolong the lifespan of the parts.
- Once in primer stages we can paint the parts to your requirements.
- This can prove to be a very labour intensive process but we can restore most discontinued bike kits.